Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Kenzie!


We can hardly believe that you are now 10!
Kenzie we love your sense of humor,
your laugh, your caring personality, and your sweet spirit.
We hope you had a great birthday!

I know this is a week late but we had 2 separate parties for her birthday and party number 2 was yesterday so now you get the recap.

PARTY #1:

On the 5th (her actual birthday) she took cupcakes to her class at school and we had a family party that evening. She chose her favorite dinner (BBQ ribs, baked potatoes and green beans), we opened presents and had dessert (chocolate/strawberry parfait). The parfait thing is strange for a birthday dessert, I know, but she was checking out my recipe books and thought this looked really good.

PARTY #2:

On the 13th we had a party with a few of her friends at the wave pool. She chose to have pizza and flip flop cakes. Everyone had a lot of fun and it was probably the easiest party I have done yet. I am now asking myself why I haven't done this before.

4 comments:

mandy said...

What a fun birthday! You do such a good job with their parties. How did you make the flip flop cakes? They are adorable. I can't believe it is warm enough there to swim outside.

Ryan + Angie said...

Happy Birthday, Kenz. I think the strawberry parfaits look delightful. Good choice. :)

Max and Deanna said...

Happy Birthday Kenzie. I can't believe you are 10 years old. Thanks for sharing your fun parties with us. Loved the pictures. Grandma

Max and Deanna said...

Hey Kenz,
Happy birthday, we love you and are so proud. Wish I was there to give you a big hug, but I guess you owe me one when we get home.
Love You Grandpa