Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Love Day!

We had stuff going on all week to get us in the mood for Valentine's Day this year. This is some of the stuff we were up to:

We made Valentine boxes out of craft sticks (as a note we will never do it this way again - it took way to much time), the girls made ribbon bracelets for their BFs and they of course had to have a Valentine hairdo.



We had a yummy breakfast and dinner where I tried some new recipes. Breakfast and dessert were a big hit but Hayden and Courtney didn't really like the ravioli. I think next time I need to change the filling of the ravioli and it would be much better.

Breakfast - chocolate waffles with whip cream and strawberries
Dinner - butternut squash ravioli with brown butter and sage sauce, salad and rolls
Dessert - brownie with whip cream and raspberries

Later that evening we opened presents. The girls got a little box of chocolates and some body spray, lotion and shower gel. Hayden got a little box of chocolates and a bear.


Dauber even enjoyed Valentine's Day. We let him play with some of the balloons.



We hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day too!!!

P.S. - Chad and I didn't take pictures of our gifts. He got a new cover and skin for his Ipod - he is still trying to pick out what skin he wants. I got a new phone - a Blackberry Curve. Yeah!!!

5 comments:

Chad said...

Thanks for a great day Rach. The kids and I really enjoyed it. You are an amazing mom and wife and appreiciate all that you do for me. I am so lucky to have you as my Valentine. I love you!!

mandy said...

Wow. You are amazing. I can't believe those boxes! We tried butternut squash for the first time this week and I wasn't a huge fan either. It was the texture, I think. Do you have a pasta machine?

Max and Deanna said...

That was fun to watch the video of Dauber bouncing the baloons. Looks like he has really become a member of the family. He's a lucky dog!!

Ryan + Angie said...

Those chocolate waffles and strawberries look delicious. We did pink heart pancakes but they didn't turn out so great...didn't even take pictures!

The Hurd Herd said...

I second that about the waffles! Yummy! Those raviolis sound de-licious to me! It looks like you made the holiday really fun!