Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kitchen Makeover

A week ago Chad went out of town for some training to Moab. So, instead of doing the not so fun stuff like laundry and cleaning bathrooms, I opted to paint the kitchen and surprise him. He of course came home very surprised but at least he liked the color.

Well, this little change prompted an even better change that I have wanted to do for awhile. Chad decided to get some tile on Monday and make a backsplash for m
e. YEAH!!! Needless to say, we have been very busy the past couple of days laying the tile and grouting. I guess I should clarify the we. He did the tiling and I cleaned my kitchen (stove, fridge, behind both and cupboards - all of which was very gross)

Chad considers himself an expert now and I am ready for him to start another tiling project!


Before.....
During....


Finished Project!

Don't you love it?


9 comments:

Jennie said...

That looks really nice!

Max and Deanna said...

Yes I do love it. It really makes your kitchen look different.

Ryan + Angie said...

It's beautiful! Was it hard to do? I'm considering something like that myself but I have been a little intimidated.

The Hurd Herd said...

It looks way good! I am impressed!

Rachel said...

I think painting is a pretty easy thing, just a little time consuming, and Chad said the tiling was a lot easier than he thought is was going to be.

Rachel said...

I think painting is a pretty easy thing, just a little time consuming, and Chad said the tiling was a lot easier than he thought is was going to be.

Max and Deanna said...

Good job guys. Well Rachel I think you deserve the best.
Dad

Travis and Melissa said...

Looks great!

Randy and Susan Landon said...

Your kitchen looks great. Great work Chad and Rachel