Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day Recap

The girls' Valentine's party at school this year was on Friday. I of course wanted to do a simple Valentine's bag for them to take to school but they of course had a different idea. So, Thursday evening we spent the night making Valentine's mailboxes. Nothing like procrastinating until the last minute - right?! We actually had a lot of fun making them and they turned out pretty cute, I just wished we had spread the activity out during the week.




I also wanted to do something fun for their hair that day and this is how it turned out.





























The girls had a great day at school and came home with a bunch of candy and goodies. Courtney was especially beaming because she found out she has a little admirer. She was the only one in her class to get a chocolate rose from Jordan T. This of course took me totally by surprise. Who has a crush on a little girl in first grade??? Don't they still think at that age that they both have cooties???



Luckily I think she was more excited about the chocolate rose than the fact that a little boy likes her. However, Chad and I are thinking that this is awfully early to be starting the whole boy thing. I think Chad is going to have to be polishing his shotgun a lot sooner with this little girl than we had thought!

On Saturday I attempted to make heart shaped scones. This didn't turn out so well so we had a buckaroo breakfast (eggs, sausage, hashbrowns - the works). Chad went to work and the girls played with friends are our house. Later that evening our ward was having an adult Valentine's day dinner and dance, which included babysitters for the kids. YEAH!!! However, plans quickly changed when Chad was paged to the ambulance garage. So, the kids and I ended up eating pizza and watching a movie. I wish people wouldn't get sick on holidays!!!

P.S. I know this is really late for a Valentine's Day blog but I didn't get a chance to do it earlier - things were crazy around our house!

6 comments:

mandy said...

I love the mailboxes and the girls' cute hair. I can't blame Jordan for having a crush--Courtney is a cutie! It is fun to read all about what you've been doing.

The Hurd Herd said...

Those mailboxes are so cute! Did you just make that up on your own!?!? So creative!
p.s. Rachel I am glad to get posts from you, not that I don't love Chad's posts, but it is fun to see it from your perspective!

Travis and Melissa said...

Their hair turned out really cute. So did the mail boxes. It is great to hear from you.

Max and Deanna said...

It was great to hear about your Valentine fun. The hair is so creative.

Max and Deanna said...

Rachel,
You are a great mom and those kids are so lucky to have a mom like you. I knew that you were going to be trouble with the boys, but like you not this soon. Tell Court that she has to get Grandpa's approval.

Love,
Max

Ryan + Angie said...

Sounds like a fun Valentines. Thanks for the pics. It's nice to see what's happening with you.