Monday, October 26, 2009

Daddy Daughter Halloween Bash

Friday night Chad had the opportunity to go with Mackenzie to a Daddy Daughter Halloween Party for Achievement Days. It involved costumes, dinner, dancing and games.

Chad went as a pirate and Kenzie's costume is harajuku (Japanese street style)
A funny story about Kenzie's costume: She was very excited about this costume and picked out all of the material for me to make it but could never remember the name of the style to tell her friends. Before the party she kept saying Harajuku over and over so that she could remember it. At the party she was able to tell her friends but when asked what that was she told them it was a Japanese "street walker." We then had to explain to her what a "street walker" was and she was mortified. I guess you could say that I am glad that she didn't know what a "street walker" is - she just hopes her friends don't either.
Our contribution was the witch's brew to which was added way too much dry ice





Bobbing for apples

5 comments:

mandy said...

What a fun party. I LOVE Kenzie's costume--can you make one in my size? How does Kenz even know about Harajuku? She is very hip. (Do I sound like my mom?). Chad's costume is terrifying.

Max and Deanna said...

I sure didn't know what harajuku was. What ever it is she makes it look pretty cute. I've never seen a donute eating contest. What fun!! I agree with Mandy--Chad looks pretty scary!!

The Hurd Herd said...

How fun! I love Halloween and those goodies on the table look very yummy!!

Chad said...

But I make it look good don't I? Come on admit it!! I know you want to!!

Ryan + Angie said...

Kenzie looks so cute. I love the skirt. Chad freaked me out. I had to click on the picture to see it up close...still freaky!