Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Training wheels are off!

Courtney learned to ride her bike without training wheels this summer - YEAH!!!

Some of you might wonder why she hasn't learned earlier. Well, I would like to say that there is some great reason but it really comes down to her complete insistence that she wasn't ready to learn yet. We even tried to convince her that she would be made fun of by her friends who don't have training wheels (horrible I know but we were desperate) but nothing worked. Chad finally heard enough excuses and decided one day to just take them off. After much convincing that she wouldn't get hurt because she could catch herself, she decided to try it and was able to do in no time by herself.



I think the hat upside down and the tongue sticking out helped though!

4 comments:

mandy said...

Yay for Courtney! Way to go!

The Hurd Herd said...

Good job court! We have one of those stubborn girls at my house too!

Max and Deanna said...

Now it takes extra skill to ride on a rough surface. Good job Court. (I like the upside down hat)

Ryan + Angie said...

Great job! That gives me hope for my little ones. Makayla doesn't know how to pedal forward but I'm not going to give up.