Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins and Cookies

This week the girls had to decorate pumpkins for a school contest. Each grade had a theme they were supposed to follow. Courtney's class had a sports theme so she chose her favorite sport - soccer. Kenzie's class had a patriotic theme so she chose to make her version of Uncle Sam. I am a little prejudice but I think they turned out pretty cute and they both won a certificate to Cold Stone.

Hayden of course couldn't be left out, so this week he had help from Chad to carve his pumpkin into a scary face. He was so excited to do this with Chad until he found out that he had to scrap out the pumpkin guts. You can tell from the pictures that he goes from totally upset about having to do it and pouting to deciding it would be okay but still totally disgusted.

And of course Halloween wouldn't be complete (according to the kids) without Halloween sugar cookies which were frosted by me and decorated by the kids.

As a side note I am always reminded when I make sugar cookies why I really don't like making them - takes forever and makes a huge mess. The kids had fun though so I guess it is worth it - right??

4 comments:

mandy said...

VERY cute pumpkins. I feel the same way as Hayden about pumpkin slime and the same way as you about sugar cookies. Delicious but too much work!

The Hurd Herd said...

Sugar cookies are my absolute favorite! I was not going to make any this Halloween, but after seeing those I think I might just make some today!! Those pumpkins are great!

Ryan + Angie said...

Those pumpkins are so cute. Ryan brought home two pumpkins but we haven't decorated them. I don't think we will....that is a huge mess too. Love the pumpkin cookies, especially the ones with chocolate chips...delicious!

Max and Deanna said...

What a fun Halloween. I love sugar cookies, but a cookie that has to be handle more than once takes to much time. But they are Grandpa Wade's favorite.