Friday, March 20, 2009

Flashback Friday

*I borrowed the idea of Flashback Friday from Mandy because I thought it was such a good idea and I realized that Hayden is getting a lot of face time lately. Thanks for the idea Mandy - I hope you don't mind!

Back in September of last year Mackenzie had a class project on Utah plants and their biomes that she was working on. This project required that she gather certain types of leaves, classify them and put them together for display. One of the many weekends we were up to Scofield it was such a pretty fall day we decided to go hiking around the mountainside and gather some of the leaves she needed. The fall colors were gorgeous and we timed it just right between rain storms which made the colors seem even more vibrant. We did collect almost everything she needed and we came home tired and a little wet but the kids had a blast.






The final project turned out really good and Mackenzie got 100% on it. She was pretty proud of how it turned out which is why we just barely threw this board away - and it still took some convincing. She is definitely a pack rat! I told her that I took a picture of it so that she will always have the memories. I'm such a mean mom - I just hate the clutter though!

6 comments:

Mary Anne said...

That is really and awesome looking project!

Chad said...

Nice job Rach. You and Kenzie did a good job on that. Way to go!!

Max and Deanna said...

She was proud of that and rightly so. She showed us when we tended them--what seems like ages ago!!

Ryan + Angie said...

That is a fancy project. I had to click on the picture to see it up close. It looks great. I don't blame you for getting rid of it...that's exactly what I would want to do. :)

mandy said...

Good job Kenzie! That is fancy. I love the pictures you took. Flashback Friday is the best because you can throw things away now that they've been documented. I love that you've started it and besides, I borrowed the idea from someone else too!

Randy and Susan Landon said...

great project. It is great keeping up with your family