Friday, March 13, 2009

I love to read!

For Hayden, everyday around 2:00 it is a countdown until the girls get home from school. (I guess that should tell me that my activities with him during the day just don't quit cut it!) When he hears the bus come down the road he runs and hides and then yells surprise as soon as they walk through the front door. Everyone then has a snack, including Hayden, and then it is homework time.

The past few weeks, however, Courtney has become quit the little reader and Hayden is loving it. Courtney's homework is usually just reading and so Hayden is more than happy to sit with her and be read to. In fact, he usually has several requests for his favorite books and this is how they spend the afternoon - sitting on the couch with a pile of books. I love it!!! (It also helps that the school is having a contest this month for reading 500 minutes in order to win a pass to Seven Peaks. A little motivation never hurts-right!)




Pile of books Hayden picks out.


Courtney sometimes objects to the amount of books or the fact that it is the same book several times, but who can resist a face like that. Chad and I have a hard time and so does Courtney.


Kenzie is also reading but has to fit it in between her telephone calls from friends. (You may think I am joking but the phone literally starts ringing as soon as she walks in the front door. She is growing up way too fast!)

4 comments:

mandy said...

That is so sweet. What a good big sister. I guess I should be grateful E is a boy--no chatting on the phone for him yet!

The Hurd Herd said...

That is so cute! I remember the days of spending hours on the phone. What we talked about I have no idea, but it always seemed important at the time! Your kids are so cute!

Max and Deanna said...

What a fun way to spend the afternoon reading. And to have a sister that will read to you is such a treat. Kenzie looks so grown up talking on the phone. Wait until the girls start calling Hayden.

Ryan + Angie said...

I love seeing stuff like that. It's crazy to me that Kenzie is already on the phone all the time...I thought that was just in the movies! Welcome to real life! :)